Monday 15 February 2010

Peppersmith



Over the weekend I took delivery of a lovely parcel of the new British chewing gum Peppersmith.

This is the gum it’s cool to chew for several reasons. Firstly let’s be honest the gorgeous retro packaging makes it covetable on its own.

There is also, perhaps more importantly really, the fact their gum is made of a natural gum material called chicle which apparently is how gum used to be made until the
1960s when companies realised they could make more money selling us horrible synthetics. You can read more about this on their website here.

I like their attitude to waste- the pack comes with little papers for you to throw your gum away with- I think the novelty and the cuteness would encourage even the most naughty litter dropper not to drop gum that ruins everyone’s shoes and clothes.

Finally the gum tastes really good. It’s fresh and light which is probably because it's natural- it freshens your breath and quickens your step without taking your head off which is not something I want in a gum personally. The gum is also really chewable. You know with normal gum you chew until the flavor goes and then if you carry on chewing the gum becomes much harder and eventually you end up grinding your teeth together because it’s so hard? Well this honestly doesn’t happen to me with Peppersmith.

So far they are just making a peppermint flavor but there are plans for spearmint and my all time favourite chewing gum flavor cinnamon- which is a hitherto sadly neglected flavor in the UK market which I hope this will rectify and capitalise on.

Peppersmith is available to buy in these ways. I ordered it online and it arrives very nicely packed up with some badges and even a hand written note, which is a classy touch don’t you think?

6 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

I love the vintage packaging!

Metropolitan Mum said...

The packaging is lovely. I am definitely going to give it a chew ;-)

Laura Demetriou said...

Love it! Thanks for letting me know about that, it's got to be much better than Wriggles' gum

Jayne said...

Love the packaging!

Mr London Street said...

If I had a fiver for every rubbish product I'd bought after being seduced by retro packaging or looks...

Rose said...

Hi Everyone- yes it looks great doesn't it, it's a really clever pack- and Mr London Street I know, me too but this is honestly very nice- not as strong as some but I personally can't stand those ones that take your head off- I just want a fresh minty taste.