Monday 22 September 2008

Book Freed!


I finally managed to free my copy of Perfumes; The Guide from it's previously mentioned internment by Royal Mail. (Please note Royal Mail surely if I wasn't at home to collect my book between 9am and 6pm I wouldn't be available to collect it from the sorting office two train stops away between those hours during the week...) However I was free between 9am and 1pm on Saturday when visiting and collecting hours are at weekends.

I was then off to the theatre as mentioned below but on my return home at midnight I immediately opened the book with all the excitement of a child reading the final Harry Potter (actually myself reading the last Harry Potter too). I read PTG from end to end but of course didn't digest it terribly well so I am now taking it more slowly.

I am overjoyed that Luca Turin and Tanya Sanchez love L'heure Bleu and was very interested to read that Coco Mademoiselle was only originally intended as a flanker and it's success surprised Chanel. There were some fragrances I really love that weren't mentioned, including the big rose perfumes Nahema and Diva; but then I have read the newsletter that mentions they will be reviewing more scents in the coming months and years and maybe it's nice to have some to wait for.

The UK edition comes in a lovely black and white striped hardback edition with a bright orange lining and is going to be a permanent fixture on my bed side table which I will love to dip into.

Kate Moss for Coco Maedmoiselle picture courtesy of: http://perso.numericable.fr/mmichelemi97/michelmespubs/ListeC/ChanelCollection.htm#Coco%20Mademoiselle

8 comments:

The Daily Connoisseur said...

I was surprised that Coco Mademoiselle was a flanker as well... to be honest it made me dubious about it for a while... but I love it again!

I'm pretty sure they reviewed Nahema... at least they do in the American edition...

Glad you finally got your book!

Rose said...

Yes I still love CM too.

I will have to look for Nahema again tonight!

Thank- you! it was worth the wait

Unknown said...

It is also a bed side book for me when I am smelling fragrances at night. But the real question is which fragrances are the ones you love and they hate? And who didn't read the last HP in a manic emotional state of staying up till the next day reading?

ScentScelf said...

Woo-hoo! I'm so glad it arrived.

I've got Nahema coming in a swap...eagerly awaiting my chance to experience it. Y'all are convincing me I have to let go of my bad CocoM online order experience, and give the real stuff a try.

Rose said...

Hi Scentscelf- thank- you, me too!!

I love Nahema, will be very interested to hear what you think of it.

Definitely try the real CM and try the edt, edp and parfum if your Chanel counter has all to test, they are quite different (I like them all though!)

Rose said...

Daily you were right about Nahema- my frantic reading obviously meant I missed a few reviews!

It was interesting about them thinking there was no rose in Nahema as it smells so rosy, it's obviously an amazing blend.

Rose said...

Jenavira- I was amazed that there weren't more I love that they hate actually, although as I said I did read at break neck speed so I need to re read and report back!

Rose said...

Jenavira, was flipping through again last night and am starting to notice some harsh comments!thought they were unfair to Organza and Quelque Fleur... felt my hackles starting to rise