The lovely Cassandra at Jacob Wrestling has invited me to give five reasons why my life is grand.
So the five reasons that come to mind today are:
1) Feeling and hopefully being well. Quite an underrated but important one I think. Money can't buy me love or health- and those are the things I value most.
2) Real friends, as opposed to either frenemies or just the people who don't really get it. I mean the friends who you can have fun doing virtually anything with, even it's fantastically mundane stuff like washing up or waiting for the bus.
3) I was asked for ID when buying a round of drinks last week. I am well beyond the age where this should be even a possibility now- so thank you to the bar lady at the Brixton Academy I won't have to think about any more expensive face cream for months because of you.
4) The internet, blogging and bloggers. I guess anyone reading this knows why.
5) Dancing is free and I can do whenever and wherever I want- and I'm quite good at it so I'm told- which is a nice added bonus.