Sunday 1 April 2012

Jeeves and Wooster



Whenever I turn on the TV and find an episode of Jeeves and Wooster I drop everything to spend some time with Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie and most importantly Macintosh, a very troublesome hound (well terrier actually).

There is of course also the little matter of the Art Deco interiors, particularly Bertie's London flat- which I would move into tomorrow if I could.

I'm a long- time admirer of all things Art Deco, the architecture, the interiors and the jewellery. I think it's very sad that so much British Art Deco building has been lost or remodelled. The lack of exteriors also means that art deco interiors are perhaps not as much of a constant as they might be- which is madness as the cleanness is endlessly modern and very livable with.

So until I can get that 1920s apartment, like Bertie or Poirot, with lots of mirrored furniture and black and white tiles, I will just have to keep hoping to come across episodes on satellite TV.

1 comment:

thelittlelondoner said...

Oh I love Jeeves & Wooster too (and the Art Deco interiors are a joy).