Tuesday 3 June 2008

Heaven is on the fourth floor...


...of Liberty in London. Their annual Arts and Crafts selling exhibition has just opened there.

Liberty is probably my favourite shop; I love the building, the history, the beautiful prints and the way they marry the old and the new in their design and with the objects they stock.

The Arts and Crafts exhibition can include anything from 1850 to the present day, Although in practice much of what is on show is from the late 1800's to the mid 1930's- probably my favourite period in textiles, furniture and design- so the exhibition is a must visit.

I strolled around and gazed at the beautiful furniture and other objects thinking about which items I would buy if I could.

I think my favourite piece was the table above. You can see more of the exhibits here; the exhition is on until the 15th of June.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Rose said...

Hi Tirza, thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you liked the article