Wednesday 7 September 2011

Frame: fun fitness (who knew)


Frame in Shoreditch is a 'dance, fitness and holistic studio' in Shoreditch, which all sounds very grown up- but what first attracted me to Frame was the sense of fun.

So they offere yoga and power plate classes and have grown up things like hair dryers and straighteners in the changing rooms but their classes include 80's aerobics and Beyonce music video work outs, really what's not to like I ask?

Fancy dress is encouraged according to the website but I didn't know how seriously to take that so I hedged my bets in black leggings and an eighties brightly coloured t- shirt but left the leg warmers at home. I can report that people in the 80s were very fit! no mamby pamby stretching, lengthening or breathing for them, no cardio all the way baby. After fifty minutes of Michael Jackson, footloose, Wham and more I was begging for the floor section of the class.

Frame is very swish but it's swish with a wink- and it offers great times for classes too (working long hours there is nothing that annoys me more than places that aren't open after 7pm). I recommend it! maybe I'll see you there, I will be the one with the very red face!

Image from the Frame website here.

5 comments:

CameronPoe2409 said...

An 80's workout or Beyonce music video dance class sounds like a lot of fun. Wish we had something like that in Blackpool!x

Metropolitan Mum said...

Cooool, now I know what we'll be doing next!!!!! Eeeeekkkkk. :-)

PS: Can you tell I am excited?

Anonymous said...

I think we should turn up the fancy dress in 80's aerobics! Bring on the lycra and neon next Wednesday night!!!

Ianthe said...

SO apparently that Frame place have a 90's workshop coming up... do you think people will be bringing glow sticks? It sounds really fun

Anonymous said...

Does anyone actually turn up in 80s gear? dont want to turn up in 80's stuff and be the odd one out!!