Wednesday 18 June 2008

Laugharne




I can't decide if I am excited about the forthcoming John Maybury film The Edge of Love or not.

I greatly admire Dylan's work and I'm a sucker for anything wartime- be it London or rural- so I should love this but I'm not convinced- we'll see.

What I know is that I love Laugharne, where Dylan and Caitlin Thomas spent their later years together.

The pictures above are by a photographer called David Wilson whose work I came across when visiting West Wales about a year ago.

Ever since visiting Laugharne and seeing Dylan Thomas' writing shed (above) and the ramshackle but gorgeous old book shop in the town(also above) I have coveted these two prints quite obsessively.

I sought his work out on the internet having told myself when in Wales that I didn't need two large framed prints and would be much better putting the money they would cost towards saving for a wall of my own to put pictures on.

I eventually found his work and you can see more of it here.

No comments: