Wednesday 20 May 2009

Light headed



Driving past the Wolesley late one evening we all remarked on the doormen with bowler hats and lamented the loss of the bowler hat in society generally.

I know they can be seen on Pete Doherty and others but I mean the loss of them on rotund city workers in pinstripe suits. I love a top hat too but there is something about the bowler.

I have always meant to have a bowler artfully hanging over one side of my dressing table mirror and never quite gotten round to it.

Now my new favourite thing to want when (if I ever) have my own place is a row of these fabulous lamps from innermost which I saw in this Saturday's Telegraph magazine.

Normally I don't go for anything comic in interior design but I think the bowler is a true design classic, like the mini, that even if it's no longer used in everyday life should still be seen because it brings a smile to people's faces. Well mine. I want one. And a flat please.

5 comments:

vicki archer said...

Don't you just love those doormen at the Wolseley. Great lights - so fun but a classic at the same time, xv.

Rose said...

Hi Vicki, I do! I love everything about the Wolesley, in my dreams I go there every morning for eggs, juice, champagne and coffee. A girl's gotta dream

Unknown said...

Here's the thing I look good in hats but I just don't have the confidence to wear them.

La Maison Fou said...

These are really great!
Leslie

Rose said...

Jen, wear them! I know it's tricky but I don't look good in them and always wish that I did- you should take advantage.

Leslie- glad you think so too!