Wednesday, 6 May 2009
Your blog is f*^£k&?" Fabulous
How lovely to be able to return and find I have been given an award with a pretty fabulous name by the ever lovely Cassandra who writes Jacob Wrestling (a blog name so good I wish I had come up with it).
So the rules are:
1. You have to pass it (the award) on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post. (easy Below)
Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well. To add the award to your post, simply right-click, save image, then “add image” it in your post as a picture so your winners can save it as well. To add it to your sidebar, add the “picture” widget. Also, don’t forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog.
Well I'm going to do the second thing first. My 5 fabulous addictions are:
1) Virtually all the blogs on my blog roll (please check them out, they are an eclectic mix but I try not to include anything I don't find myself coming back to again and again- although some post more than others because I imagine they are busy bloggers).
2) Perfume. Obviously- I also LOVE watching strangers and picking scents for them. I could dream away hours on trains or in cafes doing this. I have a whole cupboard (albeit one that fits on top of a chest of drawers) filled with bottles of scent from the £5 to the... erm more... and I obsessively box all my samples and keep lists of them. You can be geeky about virtually anything if you try hard enough can't you?
3) Strawberry milk and prawn cocktails crisps. I know it sounds like a very strange- and very pink- hangover cure but it works every time- so it's my Saturday and Sunday morning addiction (note to self I will not get thinner if I keep having the pink breakfast).
4)Murder mysteries. I know they're sad but I don't care. Joan Hickson as Miss Marple is a goddess of the crime drama world and no one can get close to her in my opinion (and ITV please stop making those awful Marples... they are criminal and not in a good way, Agatha would not approve).
5)Magazines. At the moment I just don't seem to be able to stop myself. There is something about turning the first page of a fresh magazine that isn't comparable. This is particularly true of a really beautiful magazine- although some like Lula are too delicious and I fear I will spoil them and end up trying not to bend the spine as if they were a first edition. I fantasise about having my own magazine- because although I love the blog you can't take it in the bath and get it wet can you, or read with your legs up in the air, access it on a long haul flight or twist and turn it as you want. Most of all though you can't cut out the pictures, recipes and articles you love and put them in a folder for later.
So onto the blogs I am making awards for being fabulous to. They are (in no particular order).
Firstly Perfume Shrine for loads of reasons. It's one of the first blogs I found and loved, it's really well written but it's always enjoyable and most of all it's wonderful to find people as passionate about perfumes as I am.
Also to A Novice Novelist which is great blog by a writer preparing her first novel. She talks about creating the novel but also life as it happens around it. I found this blog totally by chance and just really Jayne's writing style and natural humour. She brightens up my days with the little things in life she notices.
I am also a long time fan of Scent of Abricots. Jenavira finds really interesting pictures and writes really well about fragrances and what they mean to her or do for her. I also like that she always writes about her scent of the day- because I am naturally very nosey and love finding out what other people are wearing (I'm wearing Jo Malone French Lime Blossom today by the way!)
Notes from the Ledge is a particular favourite. It features unusual scents and often discusses topics I wouldn't have thought of, it really gets me thinking.
Finally The Daily Connoisseur always brightens my day; it's sunny, always classy and elegant.